Ads Header

Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Google allowed someone else to create an email account with my name

Started 3 months ago by kathy o'donnell
Explain your issue in full detail here: I've just read that gmail does not recognize periods in a user name and another woman has established an email account with my name (it's missing the period in the middle though). Now I'm getting her mail. The help guide says that google does not recognize a period in a user name, so why would they allow her to create this account? What can I do about it? ...
Site: Help forum  Help forum - site profile
Forum: Reading and Receiving Messages  Reading and Receiving Messages - forum profile
Total authors: 2 authors
Total thread posts: 4 posts
Thread activity: no new posts during last week
Domain info for: google.pl

Other posts in this thread:

So the only difference between the two e-mail addresses is the dot? You need to re-read what I wrote above.  There are NOT two different e-mail accounts (firstlast@ and first.last@).  There is just ONE account and someone using and/or giving out the wrong e-mail address (yours) in error. ...assuming she has. She hasn't.  Again, she has a different e-mail address and has given out the wrong one ...

...so why would they allow her to create this account? They didn't.  There are not two accounts with the same name and no one is getting e-mail that hasn't been sent specifically to their account. That said... There is nothing to prevent people from using the wrong address when they send a message, or giving out the wrong address (like on a business card or when registering at a web-site) to ...

Thanks for trying to help, but the emails I am receiving for this other woman with my name are not addressed to my email address (firstname.lastname@gmail). I could see the original email from this other woman informing her friends of her new gmail address (firstnamelastname@gmail). The emails from her friends are not mis-addressed to my email address, they are addressed to hers. This sent me to...

 

Top contributing authors:

Name
Posts
bkc56
2
kathy o'donnell
2

Thread Members:

Go to author's profile: bkc56

Related threads on "Help forum":

Related threads on other sites:

0 comments:

Post a Comment