Ads Header

Pages

Saturday 22 October 2011

Interview of Universal Beauty Sara Al Khouly


Hoping for her crowning moment tonight at the Miss Universe 2011 pageant, Dubai-based beauty queen Sara Al Khouly gets candid about issues close to her heart: representing Egypt, her future plans and what sets her apart.
Tell us a little more about yourself. When did you get into modelling? Was this something you had always wanted to do?
I was born to an Egyptian father and a Croatian mother in Libya and now I live in Dubai. I have one younger brother who I consider one of my best friends. I study at the American University and my major is in Public Relations. Over the past year, I have been extremely busy with my Miss Egypt World duties and this year is a 100 times busier for me, because now I have duties for Miss Egypt Universe, as well as Miss Mediterranean. Sometimes it gets very tiring, but I love it. You are given the opportunity to do big and amazing things in your life. My hobbies are hanging out with my friends, shopping, watching movies, travelling, fashion, swimming, photography and many more.
Did you ever live in Egypt?
Most of my time was spent in Dubai for my studies, but I also spent time in between in Egypt when I was younger.
What does representing Egypt mean to you?
It’s a total honour, especially being the first woman to represent post-revolution Egypt.
In the past few years, Egypt has not been very successful in reaching the final stages of Miss Universe. What do you bring to the table that makes you different?
I think the Miss Egypt representatives of the past few years have been all great, but I think I can bring experience to the table from my last year at Miss World 2010. Also, having grown up in Dubai, I have a great appreciation for every nationality due to the culture over here. Apart from this, I feel I have a great support network around me – friends and family along with the huge support of my country, and people in Dubai as well have really been so supportive and encouraging, so that is a huge boost in my confidence.
With what is going on in Egypt at the moment, what message will you be taking with you to Brazil?
What is currently happening in Egypt is disturbing to me. However, I believe a revolution never comes without a reasonable set of losses. Egypt has been deprived from democracy for decades and people need to learn and be educated in how to express their opinions freely without forgetting to respect the laws and applicable rules.
As for the recent unrest on the Egypt-Israel border, I believe the Egyptian people will no longer tolerate violations of their dignity under the name of politics. A mistake was made on the Israeli part and we expect a response which would live up to the situation. The Egyptian people said that nothing less than a formal apology is accepted and thus Israel should do so.
What is your opinion on plastic surgery? Would you ever go under the knife?
I have nothing against plastic surgery, but I have personally seen many of my friends play so much with their features that they no longer look natural or like themselves, which is not very attractive. You should always know your limits in whatever you do — never do too much and never do too little. Plastic-looking women might catch a man’s attention for a while but then soon it’s gone. I also think women who age gracefully will always be beautiful as long as they take care of themselves.
You had your dresses designed by Dubai-based designer, Rami Al Ali. How did the collaboration come about?
The Miss Egypt organisation had a contract for sponsorship with Rami. He has been so wonderful with everything, and I feel that the dresses he has created for me are eye-catching and elegant.
Finally, what do you want to do after the Miss Egypt campaign?
I will finish my studies at American University of Sharjah and will definitely be heading towards a career in the media field.
Being a beauty queen takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Here, Sara Al Khouly shares some of her top tips for staying in shape.


Abaya collection for the month of Ramdan
This collection of gowns and Abaya for the holy month of Ramadan in 2011 from Design Group designed Dalia Badr.



Egyptian Singer Nesma Mahgoub

Nesma Mahgoub Photo
Nesma Mahgoub is the winner of Star Academy Arab World in it’s 8th season. She was the not only the first Egyptian girl to reach the finals, but also the second girl to win a season after Shada Hassoun, the second Egyptian to win a season after Mohamed Atieh, not to mention also that there was another Egyptian contestant, Ahmed Ezat, who was 2nd place.

Miss Egypt World 2010 and Miss Universe Egypt 2011 Sara El Khouly Sara El Khouly

Sara El Khouly
Sara El Khouly is Miss Egypt World 2010, and Miss Universe Egypt 2011, and Miss Mediterranean 2011. Sara is currently studying in the American University of Sharjah majoring in PR and Aadvertising.

0 comments:

Post a Comment